Tuesday 26 February 2013

20 Rules Teens Want Their Parents to Follow But Know They Won’t


This title made me curious.

I also wanted to say: "20 Rules Teens want their Parents to follow, but hope they won't"

We are a bit past the teen phase at the moment in our house, with a student away at university. She is in the time bubble between being a teen, and being an adult! It is such a precious time!
Sometimes we still see some of the teen phase, but mostly not any more...
She was also not a difficult teen at all.

Here's the list.

20 Rules Teens want their Parents to follow, but know thy won't:

1. “Don’t tell me what to do.”
2. “Don’t tell me who and when I can date.”
3. “Don’t assume you know what’s best for me.”
4. “Let me make my own mistakes when it comes to tattoos, piercings, drugs and alcohol.”
5. “Never offer me advice, unless I ask.”
6. “Give me my own credit card… with no spending limit, of course.”
7. “Don’t talk about your glory days like they are mine.”
8. “Give me the car keys whenever I ask.”
9. “Let me set my own curfew and don’t worry about where I’m going or who I’m with. And when I’m gone, don’t call me every 15 minutes..."
10. “Don’t tell me how to dress.”
11. “Don’t meddle.”
12. “Don’t embarrass me.”
13. “Don’t hug, kiss or hold my hand in public.”r
14. “Ask for my opinion on everything.”
15. “Knock before entering.”
16. “Don’t snoop through my room, phone and car.”
17. “Don’t stalk me or my friends on social networking sites.”
18. “Never ever use the excuse, ‘Because I said so.’”
19. "Practice what you preach.”
20. “Trust me.”

The link was sent to me from Baby Sitting Jobs: http://www.babysittingjobs.com/blog/20-rules-teens-want-their-parents-to-follow-but-know-they-won’t/
More can be read there.

Do you have any more suggestions of rules teens would like us to follow? :-)



1 comment:

  1. I love it...and then they become parents and the whole cycle starts all over again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs